About me!

Convinced that thinking is a skill that needs to be nurtured, I go through life looking for a good debate, a good read, a good problem, or a good question. My definition of happiness includes discomfort, I consider myself a change lover, and education is one of my biggest concerns at the moment. I'm also an avid-reader, an above-average yo-yoist, an enthusiastic rule-breaker and many other hyphenated descriptors. I'm an absolute cheese addict (whose main goal is to meet every single person on the planet). You know you want to know more - click here »

Show your support!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit Featured Work

Keep in touch

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook

Subscribe via email

The mind of a soldier

Saturday, June 12, 2010

As I sit here today unable to walk or use my hands, I've come to realize how much of a major role those 12 weeks of boot-camp have played in keeping my mind positive and strong. This one goes out to all the young minds protecting our world.

He just 18 age of years
12 weeks and he has no fears
Walks tall and opens a new door
18 and he ready for war
On a ship yea it can sink
He has a gun but he can't drink
He’s armed with a blade
Quick with a grenade
Don't think twice when life can fade
He down and ready for a raid
He commands respect and listens to every word said
He fought odds when he was raised
Now he in the middle as bullets graze
Smoke and dust leaves a haze
He shows no fear every single day
Fights for what he believes in anyway
Chin up regardless of what people say
Even when bombs are under way
He fights for honor and beliefs not the pay
Tries to make light
Even when the skies are gray

0 comments:

Post a Comment